The last few days have been really enjoyable. Friday while daddy went to work Alexa and mommy went shopping. We ordered a pet net (net you put in the corner of your room and put animals in it), and then we went to the party store to get fabric spray paint to paint the net purple of course! Now Alexa is trying to patiently wait while it is in the mail and on it's way to our apartment. Then we went to Kohl's to go shopping for mommy! I had some left over birthday money that I wanted to try and find a few shirts with. When we got there Alexa didn't want to shop anymore with me, all she wanted to do was go up and down the escalators inside of Kohls! Which I really can't blame her, I loved going up and down them all the time too when I was a kid! (Wait I still love going up and down them as an adult! :D )
When we finally got over to the shirts I told Alexa to help mommy find a shirt that would look pretty me. She walked around and searched and found a really pretty shirt that mommy actually likes a lot! (The first shirt she picked out was a little small and had the little mermaid on it. :D Although I did try it on just for her.)
 |
| I wore the shirt Alexa picked out to church today |
Then yesterday, Saturday, after I got home from work we had a cook out on the grill again. Hot dogs and smores! Alexa tried to practice her skills on roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, and mommy and daddy made the rest of the yummy cook out. I also decided to design a paper with Alexa's full name, her birthday, my phone number, and our names on it (not just mommy and daddy), and also her other daddy's name so she could practice, practice, practice it until she memories it. She practiced all day and has been doing really good at it so far.
Today, Sunday, we went to church then came home to eat lunch and make some yummy snickerdoodles. First time making them, and I think they turned out pretty good. I may have made them a little bit on the larger side and had just a smidge too much cinnamon on it, but hey aren't those good things that can go wrong..?? :D
 |
Alexa focusing really hard on not to squish the cookies
she was helping roll for mommy. |
 |
| Alexa rolling the cookies around for mommy |
 |
| Alexa and Mommy's hands all messy from rolling the cookies |
 |
| A little on the larger side, but they are good |
 |
| I think John was very happy to finally have snickerdoodles in the house! |
No comments:
Post a Comment