background

Saturday, March 31, 2012

ALEXA GOT HER EARS PIERCED!!!

  On Monday, March 27th, we took Alexa to go get her ears pierced at Claire's. I wanted to let Alexa decide when she wanted to get her ears pierced but she had to wait till she was at least 5 years old. Well ALL winter long since her birthday (even a little before) Alexa kept asking me when she could get her ears pierced. I told her that once all the snow was gone and we didn't have to wear a hat anymore then we go could go. While waiting for spring to come Alexa ALWAYS picked out my earrings for me every day, and she would talk about when she got her ears pierced that she was going to wear "these earrings" and "these earrings" (my earrings in her hands at the time).  There was even a time when she was holding the earrings up to her ears 'seeing how they would look on her'.

  Then we came to the discussion that once she got her ears pierced that she would need to wear her hair up for a few weeks after so her hair wouldn't get tangled around them. So she started letting me put her hair up more and more and some days it was just a clip that I made for her in the side of her hair, but at least she was doing what was asked.

  With her doing such a wonderful job at the preparation to getting her ears pierced I decided to start to "show" her what it would feel like when she got her ears pierced. I took both my nails and pinched fast on both sides of her earlobe. SHE LAUGHED!!!  She would say ouch some times when I did it but every time she laughed, and then she started asking me to do it again! I couldn't believe how funny she thought it was! So once a week at least I would remind her what it feels like to get your ears pierced.

  Finally Spring was here and she was told that in a couple of weeks I would have money for her to get her ears pierced. She decided that she wanted Grandma and Auntie to come with to watch her get her ears pierced. So... on the next trip to Wisconsin to visit everyone that is just what we did. I called ahead of time to make sure their was going to be two people working at the same time. She picked out flower earrings with all the pedals the colors of the rainbow. At this time Alexa loves to draw rainbows while signing the rainbow song mommy made up for her using The Cat and The Hat theme song for tune (she now every time draws a rainbow the right way but insist that pink comes after purple too) :D

  As soon as she got up in the chair Alexa started to get a little nervous with now two ladies she didn't know around her and as soon as the earrings were in she started to cry. She cried for a few minutes but was perfectly fine afterwards.



  Grandma said that she would buy Alexa some earrings so when she took out these earrings she could have some new ones to put in. Even Great Grandma David sent some money with Grandma so she could pick out a few more!!  She got some Horse head earrings, White unicorns with wings and rainbow hair, Dolphins, Rainbow earrings, and in one set had butterflies, ladybugs, owls, flowers, and dragonfly earrings, and I let her pick out one pair of dangle earrings (so she can be like mommy she said) and they have dalmatians on them.  Then the next day when Alexa went to Auntie's house for Easter there she got even more earrings in her basket! Those consisted of studs, tiny to small hoops, butterflies, hearts, turtles, stars (Alexa likes those because then she can be a rock star when she wears them), frogs, flowers, cherries, and bees. I think she has a wide variety to match any outfit of the day and maybe has more than Mommy! :D



 
  She has been loving every moment with her ears being pierced and has to show them to EVERYBODY she comes into contact with. It's very cute! I'm so happy she is so proud of herself and that she is okay to tell people that she cried for a little bit because it hurt, BUT it don't hurt anymore she tells them. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment