background

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

November..


Well to sum up November in a post is a lot, but it's better than doing a bunch of separate little ones.

In the beginning of November we all got outside together as racked leaves and there was a lot of leaves in our yard!! Alexa got tired almost right away from racking and decided to have fun instead and jump in the pile of leaves that we started. She had a blast and had Floyd jump in a few times with her. He wasn't as excited about it as she was, but it was still funny to watch.
 Before we were done with the yard all the way Alexa was inside warming up with Floyd and watching a movie. Then when mommy and daddy came inside it was time for Hot Coco. :) (or warm coco for Alexa)
On the 17th Mommy and Alexa made a last minute trip to Wisconsin for something we needed to be too. After we were done with it we went to visit our Great Grandma Beyer. Alexa had the afternoon planned out for them before we even left Minnesota. She wanted to color pictures and eat with Great Grandma and that is just what she did for almost 2 hours. It was so nice to just relax and enjoy the moments watching them. Even though Alexa got a little tired towards the end, I know they both enjoyed the afternoon together. Can't wait to see Great Grandma again soon.

 On that same trip to visit my family on a last minute we had our first snowfall. And it was a lot of snow, which Alexa and I were very excited about!! In fact we were so excited that when we went out to help feed all the animals, on the way back inside we never made it back inside... We stayed outside and played in the snow and built a snowman! It was out first snowman that we ever built together and it turned out awesome!! We didn't have any sticks for the arms so our snowman was going to be armless for the night. In the morning we got ready and went outside to find some sticks for his arms to come out and see that our snowman had tipped over in the middle of the night!! It was a sad moment for us, but still grateful we at least got to build one in the first place!
 
Next was Daddy's birthday as soon as we got back home! Daddy is now a year older than he was before!! YAY!!  :)  When we were at my parents, my sweet little grandma (no really we call her shorty for a reason) came over and helped me sew a white tie for John. We wanted to make a tie for daddy and have Alexa decorate it however she wanted to. We got a iron on patch of a guitar, soccer ball buttons, superman symbol, and a few other Alexa creations. It looks amazing and we are super excited how it turned out! I made cherry cheesecake for daddy for his birthday cake and Alexa picked out the candles and put them on his cake. Everything turned out so great!
The next day after Daddy's birthday we celebrated Thanksgiving. We had Ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, stuffing, rolls, green beans, apple juice, and my very delicious pumpkin pie. We even let Floyd had a small plate of Thanksgiving also. Alexa says that her favorite part of Thanksgiving was mommy's pumpkin pie, which made my night. :)
The last day of November Alexa started cooking class again. She is always super pupped about going to cooking class!!! So much that I always have a hard time getting her to bed the night before because she is jumping around like a ball of energy! This time for cooking class for the first week they made Christmas cookies and the next three weeks they worked on making a Gingerbread house. They turned out amazing and the kids had so much fun making them!! Caleb and Alexa have been becoming closer friends too lately, which is awesome because his mom and I have been becoming closer friends too. 

Also towards the end of November I finished up a lot of scrap-booking pages. It was such a relief to finally finish some of them (especially when I was stuck on one a few months ago). Most of them turned out really nice and I am happy that I have been doing this for Alexa. I'm not as good at this stuff compared to a lot of women out there but I think I do a pretty good job for as little time I have to work on these kinds of projects. :)

Finally the last thing we did in November was making a paper chain for all the days of December until Christmas was here. We used red and green and it turned out really nice. We hung it on the bookshelf until the tree was put up and then moved it to hang on the tree. Every morning Alexa ran to the bedside by me asking if she could pull off a link on the chain, even though she knew she had to wait until mommy was up to watch to make sure she was pulling off the right ones. :)  I also got her an advent calendar from Michaels and my mom actually got her one too this year, so she was pretty spoiled having two to count down with Chocolate till Christmas. Counting down till Christmas with the links and chocolate worked so well that I think I'm going to do one for Alexa to count down the days until her birthday in January. I think I'll just buy a small bag of Chocolate for her to use with it. Maybe some Hershey kisses or something with the numbers wrote on the bottoms so she still has to match the numbers. Also doing this chain link has brought more understanding to her for her to realize how ling it takes for a certain day to come. Which I'm so glad for because we have been having a hard time explaining and understanding communication going on between that so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment